This Sunday marks a fresh milestone for God's work in and through Covenant as we plan to gather together for our first Preview worship service. We'll have Preview services on 2/26 and 3/19.
Let's give thanks and praise to God for how much he has done and continues to do among us!
Our schedule for this Sunday is as follows:
10:00 AM: Gather for worship at 160 S. Victory Blvd., Burbank 91501. Please park in spaces marked "studio."
Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/Gh6v4Vs5Duxj18ueA
6:00 PM to 6:45 PM: Prayer. There will be an opportunity to gather at Brooks and Amanda's home for prayer Sunday evening. If you are unable to gather a second time this Sunday, please set an alarm for 6:00 PM and pray at that time with us for God's continued work in and through Covenant.
What this Sunday morning will be:
- Real worship
- An opportunity for us to see and experience the space
- An opportunity for us to get a feel for what worship is like in the space, and what we might need to plan and change before our "launch" in April
- An opportunity for you to begin to think and pray about what your role might be as a part of the "Launch Team" for our April start of regular weekly worship
What this Sunday morning will not be:
- A final "Order of Worship;" this Sunday will be a basic order of worship and will probably undergo significant changes before our launch
- A final "music style;" we have been working hard to find skilled musicians and singers who will guide our singing. Our hope is that our "regular" music at and following our launch in April will be a mix of hymns and Psalms with at least one live musician.
This Sunday, however, will be Psalms only and recorded piano. Please pray that God would provide the right musicians and singers. And please make plans to sing loudly this Sunday!
- A large group; this Sunday is mostly for you who regularly gather with us Sunday evenings and for those who are connected with us but unable to gather with us Sunday evenings. Anyone and everyone is of course invited to join this Sunday. But the majority of our community outreach, marketing, etc. will be to invite people to our launch of regular worship in April.
I'm looking forward to seeing you and worshipping with you this Sunday!